If you have a dog, you probably have a set of bowls for their food and water. But what if you run out of clean bowls, or you want to save some money and space? Can you use human bowls for dogs? You can source the bowls for dogs from a trusted online wholesaler of founddream, all bowls for dogs are lower price. Many retailers and amazon sellers also purchase the dog bowls from here.
The answer is yes, but with some caveats. Human bowls are not necessarily designed for dogs, and they may not be the best option for your canine companion. Here are some of the pros and cons of using human bowls for dogs, and some tips on how to choose the right bowl for your dog.
Pros of Using Human Bowls for Dogs
Some of the advantages of using human bowls for dogs are:
- They are readily available and affordable. You probably have plenty of human bowls in your kitchen that you can use for your dog. You don’t have to buy separate bowls for your dog, which can save you money and space.
- They are easy to clean and sanitize. Most human bowls are dishwasher-safe and can withstand high temperatures. This can help eliminate bacteria, viruses, parasites, or other pathogens that can make your dog sick.
- They are versatile and adaptable. You can use different types of human bowls for different purposes. For example, you can use a shallow plate for dry food, a deep bowl for wet food, a glass for water, or a mug for broth.
Cons of Using Human Bowls for Dogs
Some of the disadvantages of using human bowls for dogs are:
- They may not be suitable or comfortable for your dog. Human bowls may not be the right size, shape, material, or design for your dog. For example, a bowl that is too small or too large may cause your dog to spill or waste food. A bowl that is too deep or too shallow may cause your dog to strain their neck or swallow too much air. A bowl that is made of plastic or metal may cause your dog to have an allergic reaction or damage their teeth.
- They may not be safe or durable for your dog. Human bowls may not be able to withstand your dog’s chewing, scratching, or pawing. They may break, chip, crack, or shatter, and cause injury to your dog’s mouth or digestive system. They may also contain harmful chemicals, such as BPA or lead, that can leach into your dog’s food or water.
- They may not be hygienic or convenient for you. Using human bowls for dogs may increase the risk of cross-contamination between you and your dog. You may expose yourself to germs or parasites from your dog’s saliva, food, or feces. You may also have to wash more dishes or use more water and detergent.
Tips on How to Choose the Right Bowl for Your Dog
If you decide to use human bowls for dogs, here are some tips on how to choose the right bowl for your dog:
Consider your dog’s size, breed, age, health condition, and eating habits. Choose a bowl that is appropriate for your dog’s needs and preferences. For example, if your dog is large or has a long snout, choose a bowl that is wide and deep enough to accommodate their mouth. If your dog is small or has a flat face, choose a bowl that is shallow and easy to access.
Consider the type of food or water you are giving to your dog. Choose a bowl that is suitable for the consistency and temperature of the food or water. For example, if you are giving dry food, choose a bowl that is flat and wide enough to prevent spillage. If you are giving wet food, choose a bowl that is deep and narrow enough to prevent drying out. If you are giving cold water, choose a bowl that is made of glass or ceramic to keep it cool.
Consider the material and quality of the bowl. Choose a bowl that is made of high-quality, non-toxic material that is BPA-free and lead-free. Avoid plastic bowls that can harbor bacteria or leach chemicals. Avoid metal bowls that can rust or cause allergic reactions. Avoid ceramic bowls that can chip or crack.
Consider the hygiene and convenience of the bowl. Choose a bowl that is easy to clean and sanitize. Preferably, choose a bowl that is dishwasher-safe and can withstand high temperatures. Alternatively, you can disinfect the bowl with a bleach solution (add ½ cup of bleach to a gallon of water and let the bowl soak for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly). Also, choose a bowl that has a non-skid base or rim to prevent sliding or tipping over.
Using human bowls for dogs is possible, but not necessarily ideal. Human bowls may not be designed for dogs, and they may not be the best option for your canine companion.
It is better to give your dog their own dedicated bowl that is suitable and comfortable for them. This way, you can ensure their health and well-being, as well as your own.
However, if you have to use human bowls for dogs, make sure to choose the right bowl for your dog and keep it clean and safe. Your dog’s bowl is an important part of their basic nutritional health , so don’t neglect it!
If you don’t know where to buy the bowls for dogs, you can contact us by email, collect a trusted distributor of founddream, we will deliver the bowls to you directly from China, all are the wholesales price which will be lower than that in your local market.